Basic Shiatsu Course
Instructor: Gil Adams
48 Hours $750
- Yin / Yang, In / Yo Theory – Examination of the philosophical concepts of Yin / Yang and In / Yo, discovering their importance in modern and traditional philosophy and learning their basic application to healing and energetic balance. Includes the Yin / Yang cycles; application to daily and yearly behavior patterns, and recognition of the Five Energetic Transformations.
- Five Transformations Theory : Application of Five Transformation theory to include recognition of Sheng and Ko cycle theory, division of the energetic body into transformations, and the application of Yin / Yang Theory to Five Phase concepts.
- Triple Burner Metabolism: Understanding the means by which the body produces the fundamental substance: Qi, Blood, Jing, Fluids, and Shen.
- Basic Meridian Theory: Intro to the basic theory of meridians, the energetic channels which protect, nourish and regulate human physiological function. Levels and types of meridian function will be covered.
- The First Cycle of Energy: Analysis and study of the 6 channels which make up the first Cycle of Energy: the Lung, Large Intestine, Stomach, Spleen, Ren Mai, and Chong Mai. Intro to Master and coupled points.
- The Second Cycle of Energy: Analysis and study of the Second Cycle of Energy: 7 Channels involved- the Heart, Small Intestine, Bladder, Kidney, Dumai, Yang Qiao Mai.
- The Third Cycle of Energy: Analysis and study of the paths and uses of the 3rd cycle of Energy: 7 channels – Pericardium, Triple Warmer, Gallbladder, Liver, Yin Wei Mai, Yang Wei Mai, and the Dai Mai.
- Pulse reading and palpitation: Diagnostic Techniques for Shiatsu treatment and treating injuries. Extended Body Work.
- Set of Sheets
- Binder or folder
Hands on Healing Institute is a private institute licensed to operate by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education for MT300, MT500 Massage Therapy Programs and all continuing education courses.
Provider Approved by California Board of Registered Nursing.
Our registered advanced electives are accepted for city licensing and by the California Massage Therapy Council for State Certification