Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
Ever wonder why certain people have a healing presence? By just sitting with them you feel better, stronger, and clearer making you ready to put your life into action? Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy cultivates this powerful healing presence – this Skill of Being, not Doing. The practice of Being will be taught through a series of centering, grounding and neutrality exercises done in a group, on one’s self and with partners. Then specific Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST) palpation skills and anatomy specific to Craniosacral Therapy will be taught and practiced, coming from this place of being.
BCST is an old but rare healing modality that can enhance and be incorporated into any profession. After this class students will be able to use these skills in your practice or decide to go further into this work. Building on the foundation of Five Practitioner Skills, Hands On Healing’s Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy classes were developed by Cami Walsh Zappaterra and Densie Giusti.
Conditions BCST Addresses and its Benefits:
• Migraines and Headaches , Chronic Neck and Back Pain , Motor-Coordination Impairments , Stress and Tension Related Problems , Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries , Chronic Fatigue -Scoliosis , Central Nervous System Disorders , Emotional Difficulties such as Anxiety and Depression , Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ) , Learning Disabilities , Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) , Orthopedic Problems (knee, shoulder, hip…)
• Tauma of all kinds — birth, falls, accidents and other injuries, physical, sexual or emotional abuse, PTSD, loss/grief, Pre and Post-surgery
• Increase vitality, body-oriented mindfulness
• General whole body well-being
• A greater discovery of Self
• BCST is also excellent as a preventive therapy because it can facilitate
• The resolution of imbalances within a patient/client’s system
NOTE: To practice Polarity Therapy, any form of Energy Healing, Reflexology or Aromatherapy you need a license to touch. If you don’t already have a license to touch, we suggest that you take our MT300 Massage Therapy Program. MT300 plus an additional 200 hours of electives will allow you to apply to the CAMTC for State Certification which is a license to touch. Most students that have done this have fallen in love with Swedish massage and have another avenue of helping their clients.
Biodynamic Craniosacral Training Level I –
Introduction to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
Instructors: Cami Walsh Zappaterra and Denise Giusti
6 Hours $112
In this Introductory class we will be primarily spending time practicing the foundational skills used in BCST – the skills of center, ground and neutral non-pathological perspective…We will practice these Presence skills necessary for this work so you can get a feel for it in your body.
We will also practice Craniosacral palpation skills and go over anatomy specific to Craniosacral therapy. We will spend a much shorter time presenting a clear overview of the history, theory and practice of BSCT as a profession, as well as how it differs from other forms of Craniosacral Therapy.
It is our wish that these classes will be a safe, non-judgmental, fun and loving place to conduct this exploration into Health
• Foundations in Craniosacral Biodynamics, Volume One by Franklyn Sills
• Wisdom of the Body by Michael Kern
• Cranial Intelligence by Ged Sumner and Steve Haines
• Set of sheets
Learning Goals for the course and application to your life and profession are
• Deepening in centering and grounding
• Practice in Craniosacral palpation skills
• Greater relationship skills by learning to respect and sense another’s energetic and physical boundaries
• Better understanding of anatomy as it relates to Craniosacral therapy
• Greater trust and awareness of your personal resources as they relate to bodywork and Craniosacral therapy
• Recognize and acknowledge the Health in the other and allowing it to lead the session, not the recognition of the dis-ease.
• Being able to explain the basics of BCST and how it differs from other forms of Craniosacral Therapy.
This class will cover the 5 Practitioner Skills
Skills of Being
Centering and grounding. Neutral, non-judgmental, unbiased attitude. Not about doing, it’s about being. Just show up, you are enough. Avoid “better than” or “less than” thinking. Stillness in self, open heart, freedom and curiosity to witness both internal and external phenomena.
• Skills of Relationship
Presence, contact & appreciation.
Presence & Contact: Physical and energetic proximity is not too close or too far, finding the “sweet spot.” Cultivating resonance between you and the client through verbal and non-verbal measures.
Wide perspective viewing, not tunnel vision. Compassionate; not enmeshing or abandoning. Appreciation of the miracle that is before you. “I see you.”
• Skills of Listening
Pure listening. Listening with a wide perspective. Letting the client “feel heard.”
• Skills of Recognition
Relating to Health via Primary Respiration, Breath of Life, Stillness.
You don’t have to “know” or “fix,” relax and be present to what comes to you. “Wait behind the curtain.
“Remote viewing” of tissues, patterns, zones, segments, movements. Differentiating layers of the system: bone, soft tissue, organs, fluids, energy. Becker’s Three-Stage Process
• Skills of Conversation
Verbal and non-verbal posing of questions and appreciation of whatever is present; catch the client doing something right. Follow expressions to fullness and suggest “wait.” Managing nervous system regulation process: “Body, Low, Slow, Loop.”
It is our wish that these classes will be a safe, non-judgmental, fun and loving place to conduct this exploration into Health.
Biodynamic Craniosacral Training Level II
Instructors: Cami Walsh Zappaterra and Denise Giusti
6 Hours $112
This Level II course will continue deepening the foundational 5 Practitioner Skills
(See Level 1 course description for details.)
Biodynamic Craniosacral Training Level II additionally covers
• A continued fun fluid-filled exploration of the anatomy of the cranium and Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF).
• An introduction of embryology as it relates to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy (BCST). Have the opportunity to explore the inquiry “How are these embryological forces still present in the body?”
• Introducing the tiered nature of the Social Nervous System and its importance in BCST. The skills of being with the nervous system such as “Body-Low-Slow-Loop” will be taught and practiced.
• We will dive into studying perspectives of the “holistic shift”. Quoting from Foundations in Craniosacral Biodynamic Franklyn Sills says, “In the holistic shift, all three bodies – the physical body, the fluid body, and the tidal body – enter equilibrium and are sensed to be a unified wholeness… (And) as the holistic shift deepens, healing decisions emerge…and are not practitioner generated, but are effects of the healing decisions of the Breath of Life itself.”
And to top it off we will introduce the “polarity elemental step down process” as it relates to CSF and the Tides.
Above all we will continue to explore the Health together with an open mind and heart.
• Biodynamic Craniosacral (BCST) Level 1
• OR equivalent BCST experience and Instructor’s approval
• Set of Sheets
“In the end, the journey is to experience and explore these phenomena for ourselves, both inwardly and in relationship.” Franklin Sills
Hands on Healing Institute is a private institute licensed to operate by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education for MT300, MT500 Massage Therapy Programs, and all continuing education courses.
Provider Approved by California Board of Registered Nursing.
Our approved Advanced Electives are accepted for city licensing and by the California Massage Therapy Council for State Certification.
Hands on Healing Institute reserves the right to add, cancel or postpone classes, change dates, instructors, or policies, and/or raise tuition from any published literature.